Guidelines for Opening In The Age Of Covid
Things To Know Before You Come To Shop:
- Everyone Must Wear A Mask: If you do not have one, we will provide you with one for a $2 charge
- We Will Be Taking Everyone's Temperature Before They Enter: Using a contactless thermometer, we will be checking for a temperature under 100.4. No one will be allowed with a temperature higher than that.
- We Will Limit The Amount Of Customers In The Store: Only a handful of customers will be allowed in at once. Please be patient with us as we assure a safe environment for you and our staff.
- We Will Not Limit Your Time Inside: Take your time shopping but please be mindful of others waiting outside.
- Stay Six Feet Apart: We ask that you practice social distancing within the store and while waiting in line. Our staff will keep a six foot distance at all times.
- Contactless Payment Preferred: Debt & credit card, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay are all available. In keeping with SF law, we can take cash if it’s your only option.
- Please Be Kind To Our Staff: Let’s remember they are working a non-essential job and they are here to help you.
Thank you for your support and following the rules above. We are more than excited to see you all soon. To help understand our decision to reopen, here is a letter from our founder, Sean Quigley.
It's Do Or Die Time
“Back and in June I wrote an open letter about how we were opting not to open due to financial concerns and staff anxieties around working with the public. During that time, we cleaned up the store, tried offering shopping by appointment, dipped our toes into virtual shopping, and have done what we can to expand our web sales. The results of our grand experiment? It hasn’t worked. It seems, people just really want to get back to normal and genuinely want to be back inside Paxton Gate. Our PPP loan offered the opportunity for us to take it slow but, it’s time to make a change or we won’t be around much longer; do or die if you will.
Over the last few weeks, we’ve been preparing, both physically in the store and mentally, for the inevitable: Shoppers some who could have Covid, in the store. We’ve set up our giant “sneeze guards”, we’ve introduced new safety protocols, and we’re cautiously ready to give it a go this weekend. Once again customers will be able to mill about the “museum where you can take home the exhibit,” starting this Saturday, November 7th from 11:00 to 6:00, assuming of course the nation hasn’t imploded as a result of the election!
Despite our difficulties over that last seven months, I realize that as of now at least, my employees and I all have jobs. Things could be worse, and they are for many others around the Bay Area. The stock market—blind to the suffering of real people—doesn’t show what’s really happening to those less fortunate, to people in industries where jobs have dried up, to families who don’t know where they’ll get their next meal. In a small effort to help, Paxton Gate will be donating 10% of our total in-store sales to the SF-Marin Food Bank for the entire weekend. For every dollar donated, they’re able to provide two healthy meals for people in need. If you can’t make it in this weekend, consider donating directly or volunteering.
Please check our website for hours as they may change over time. Initially,we will be open Thursday through Monday, 11:00 to 6:00, hopefully expanding those hours as we delve into this newest of experiments. Let’s see how this next leg of the journey works out.”