Retail Manager APPLY NOW
Curious? Now Hiring: Retail Manager at Paxton Gate!
Paxton Gate is San Francisco’s premier destination for oddities inspired by the garden and natural sciences. Our mission is to create a curiously mind-expanding experience for our guests in the most visually captivating and product-rich retail environment this city has to offer. In the role of Retail Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the operational, financial, and service goals for one of the most exciting and interesting shops in San Francisco. We are seeking a committed and enthusiastic leader to join our team by embracing this position and helping to ensure that the Paxton Gate experience is rivaled by none other.
Paxton Gate is San Francisco’s premier destination for oddities inspired by the garden and natural sciences. Our mission is to create a visually captivating, curiously mind-expanding experience for our guests while offering some of the most unique goods the city has to offer. The ideal candidate for our Retail Manager will be a committed leader with a positive, can-do attitude. You will be responsible for developing and implementing the operational, financial, and service goals for the store as well as helping to ensure that the Paxton Gate experience remains on brand.
In addition to the normal Retail Manager responsibilities, a qualified applicant will be eager to help us launch limited in-store shopping. We’ve experimented with appointments and expanded our eCommerce offerings, but the time has come to let the public back inside—with every precaution—so they can experience the store firsthand. We need a manager prepared, if not eager, to help make that happen.
If you think you might be a good fit, see responsibilities and requirements below:
- Plan and delegate day-to-day operations, including merchandising, plant care, and general tasks
- Lead the store in meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Complete all recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, motivation, coaching, and corrective action for sales associates
- Develop lasting customer relationships in tandem with utilizing our customer database system to improve data collection
- Open and close the store in compliance with all security procedures
- Conduct regular store meetings and individual check-ins to evaluate performance, sales, product knowledge, and to convey information to management and staff
- Maintain the integrity and quality of the Paxton Gate brand
- Oversee the physical space, ensuring problems and issues are dealt with swiftly
- Monitor and stay on top of all City and State Covid-19 related health ordinances.
- And someday, when things return to normal: Create and manage events in the stores that will develop new clients, drive sales, and enhance Paxton Gate’s presence in the marketplace.
- Minimum 3 years Retail Management experience and 5 – 10+ years customer service experience
- Superior time management, prioritization, and workflow
- Experience with Retail Pro or other POS system
- Computer literacy in PC systems using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook) and
- Google Sheets
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Strong written and verbal communication in a clear, concise, legible manner
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job, including phone systems, cash register, POS and all other office/retail equipment.
We offer a competitive salary as well as health benefits, vacation, bonuses, discounts and other perks. Additionally, future expansion prospects may support an opportunity for an equity partnership in the company for an extremely well qualified candidate. We’re looking for a great fit as we emerge from this pandemic, hopefully stronger than before, and we are excited to hear from you. If this is an opportunity that entices and challenges you, please submit a resume and cover letter
In your cover letter, please specify that you are applying for the Retail Manager position and tell us why you’d be a great fit for the job! A Cover letter is required in order to be considered.
** Please no phone calls or drop-ins about this position **
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
2020-11-30|||824 Valencia St. |||SF Paxton Gate||||||0tPKrNRnUnMAOnVW|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false