AT PAXTON GATE
Thanks for your interest in working at Paxton Gate.
Assistant Manager / Plant Specialist Needed at PAXTON GATE
Paxton Gate is looking for a dynamic individual with a specific skill-set to join the team
in San Francisco. Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your experience and why
you think you’d be an excellent candidate for the position described below.
We are looking for an assistant manager to help with the daily operation of our two retail stores. Additionally, we would prefer to find someone with a broad knowledge of plants who can take over the daily care of our garden department.
- Assist the Store Manager with coordinating daily operations of two retail stores, including but not limited to training, coaching, light merchandising, stocking, etc.
- Maintain a healthy, thriving, and marketable plant department
- Lead the floor staff by example, maintain a positive attitude, and deliver superior
Required Skills & Experience:
- Up to three years retail management experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, motivate, and communicate in a retail setting
- Broad plant knowledge including identification, water care, light needs, etc.
- Organization, time management, and prioritization of daily tasks
Other Helpful Skills:
- Familiarity/proficiency in Retail Pro POS
- Marketing/Social Media
- Familiarity with Paxton Gate and Curiosities for Kids product lines
Salary Commensurate with Experience:
The position will be paid hourly. Unfortunately we are unable to offer benefits at this time.
If you meet the requirements above, please send resume and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at 824 Valencia Street.
Please, no drop-ins or phone calls.